Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Metacognition

The Advanced Placement World History course this year has truly allowed me to develop a stronger thinking pattern and become a more efficient student overall. Our in class discussions and interactive projects forced us to actually get an insight into the world of ancient history. This allowed us to not only enjoy the course more, but it also helped us see significant events from a different view point rather than simply studying from an archaic textbook. I feel as though my note-taking skills improved dramatically and this is a skill that I believe will aid me in not only my future history class, but also in all of my other classes. Next year in Advanced Placement U.S. History I feel as though these skills will allow me to have a much more peaceful and relaxed experience. Through studying the treatment of women throughout history, we were able to develop the skill of determining patterns in history. Patterns of the rise and fall of civilizations were also noticeable. I have also learned to analyze and draw factual based conclusions on the readings that I was assigned .The skills gained in this course have allowed me to excel in this class, and hopefully aided me to do well on my A.P. Exam. I believe the skills will also allow me to flourish as a student and achieve as much as I can in not only school work, but also in life.

1 comment:

  1. I completely forgot to say my note taking improved, too! I think your reflection was straight to the point and all true. You gave specific examples like our studying of the role of women which was really good. Don't forget, though, you need to post it on Mrs. Borcher's blog as a comment on her most recent post!

    ReplyDelete